|CFP Deadline||Feb. 18, 2018, 11 p.m.|
We would like to announce a "Save the Date" and "Call for Speakers" for the annual FIRST Amsterdam Technical Colloquium (TC). The main event, hosted by Cisco Systems in Amsterdam, Netherlands will be a plenary style conference held on the 17th and 18th of April 2018. We are also offering an optional, free, training on Monday April 16th. Note: Registration will be open shortly and we will send out information when that is available
The event website: https://www.first.org/events/colloquia/amsterdam2018/
A list of recommended hotels and travel information is available here:
Call for Speakers:
FIRST is looking for speakers that would like to present at the TC. We are most interested in new presentations and presenters, however important updates on prior work are also welcome. We strongly encourage any individual who has not spoken at a conference before to submit a proposal. The idea behind the TC is to encourage security teams and researchers talent to share their technical work in a friendly environment. While we give special consideration to local talent, submissions are welcome from anyone, anywhere.
Any novel ideas, techniques, case studies, or research related to incident and threat response are welcome. Some suggested topics are as
- Threat actor groups & techniques
- Creative incident response techniques
- Indicators of compromise and how detect/mitigate
- Data analytics for security
- Criminal underground
- Denial-of-service attacks and countermeasures
- Digital forensics
- Human-computer interaction, security, and privacy
- Intrusion and anomaly detection and prevention
- Malicious code analysis, anti-virus evasion, etc.
- Security architecture
- Open Source tools
- Attack and response to an organization
For your submission to be considered, you must provide ALL of the following information:
- Presenter's Name(s), Affiliation, and short biography
- Brief Summary (Abstract) and completion status/plan
- Estimated Time (45 mins + 10 for questions is typical)
FIRST does not allow presentations with the aim of gaining the audience's interest in any commercial application, solution or product.
In other words, NO MARKETING PRESENTATIONS. Please only submit a talk if you are actually able to attend the TC in Amsterdam.
Our goal is to have the program on the event website by the end of February 2018, to that end please have all submission completed by February 17th. Feel free to reply with any questions.
Matt, Jeff & Gavin